Online MA in Marketing and Innovation (Top Up)
Build on your understanding of strategic marketing to include design and innovation, and appreciate the practical value of these frameworks in a range of strategic business situations.
You will achieve a respected academic qualification awarded by a British University, studying for just two extra modules beyond your CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing or ABP Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Marketing Strategy.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Create frameworks for understanding and analysing marketing processes in diverse organisational types, encountering different and changing marketing environments
- Develop practical research and analytical capabilities in the context of market-driven strategy, particularly in the formulation of value propositions in provider-consumer relationships
- Review, modify and apply transferable marketing concepts and skills in the management of product and market development, in particular from the strategic perspective, and to assess critically market-sourced data and information from a variety of organisations and use this for strategic marketing decision making
- Examine a variety of creative approaches to product and service design, creativity and innovation that may contribute to organisational wealth and to develop intellectual mastery in the area of marketing management and innovation
Research Methods for Managers
This module provides course participants with the appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities they will need to effectively carry out a piece of small scale business/management research. A particular emphasis will be placed upon developing individuals towards their workplace based Masters dissertation/project.
A focus is given to the specific issues faced by managers and researchers when carrying out research in an organisational setting. These will include the philosophical aspects of enquiry in social settings, operating in political contexts, negotiating access to key individuals and data, and meeting the research outcomes expected by multiple organisational stakeholders.
Consequently, this module will focus on providing individuals with the skills necessary to meet these challenges and therefore effectively plan, carry out and report upon their Masters level dissertation/project.
One of the main focuses for the design of this module has been the further development of relevant employability and professional skills. Such skills are implicit in the learning outcomes.By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the different approaches to research used in business/management and the social sciences
- Identify and justify decisions regarding their chosen topic, research questions and research methodology
- Synthesise and critically evaluate the current theoretical and methodological developments in their chosen field of study, making clear their own contributions to this body of work
- Demonstrate the required skills and abilities needed to successfully plan, organise, undertake and communicate the findings of, a piece of small scale business/management research Assessment:
The module will be assessed by a 5,000 word assignment.
In order to obtain a Masters degree you must prepare, submit, and pass a dissertation. Apart from this regulation requirement there are a number of reasons why the dissertation is a very important part of your studies. The dissertation allows you an opportunity to demonstrate, at an advanced level, several important intellectual and practical skills.
These skills are valued by employers and as the dissertation is your own work it is proof that you have mastered them. In fact, sometimes your dissertation will help you to obtain an interview or find the position you want.
The dissertation is not a taught module and this means that the research and writing up of your findings is very much an individual effort that allows you to demonstrate both organisational and time management skills.
You will have further honed your research skills and techniques and deepened your understanding of at least one major area of business and/or business related areas. Other high level skills which will be developed and improved include evaluation, synthesis, and critical thinking. Finally, a well-written dissertation enables you to demonstrate communication and presentation skills.By the end of this module, you should be able to:
- With reference to a chosen significant and complex area for enquiry establish a method for investigation/exploration of key concepts, models and principles
- Critically evaluate complex issues from a variety of viewpoints
- Develop effective arguments to support relevant conclusions
- Critically justify and rigorously apply appropriate methodologies, techniques and practical strategies; being sensitive to the context
- Where appropriate formulate solutions to business or management problems in discussion with peers, clients, mentors and others
- Reflect critically on the process and outcomes of the investigation/ enquiry Assessment:
The module will be assessed by a 15,000 word research report. You will be assigned a supervisor to guide you through your project and make sure you are on the right track.
This course is appropriate for those who wish to take up managerial positions in private and public sector organisations in a wide range of roles. This programme is designed for recent graduates with a recognised honours degree, those without an undergraduate degree who have five or more years of managerial experience, or students who have obtained a CIM Postgraduate Diploma or an ABP Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Marketing.Typical Entry Requirements:
- UK Bachelors degree or equivalent and two years managerial experience OR; five years managerial experience (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- A good command of English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent for students requiring a Tier 4 visa)
- The below Access Qualification:
- EduQual Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Marketing Strategy
The following is included for all study modes:
- Course materials that include structured lecture notes, practical applications giving real world examples, and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- Assessment materials via the Integrated Modular Study System (IMSS) E Learning Platform
- Online Community to keep in touch and share with fellow students online
- A comprehensive e-library that contains recommended study texts and reference books available for online reading
- Mintel market reports, providing industry reports, financial analysis and company information
- Two Complimentary digital publications to support your revision
- Welcome webinar upon course commencement
- Online webinars for assignment/exam workshops
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor is assigned to provide comprehensive support throughout the course
- One-to-one supervision for all Major Project modules
Please call us on +44 (0) 203 772 7627 and one of our consultants will provide you with details on the timetable.